Spring is in the air and the weather is warming up bringing sunshine and flowers to the Grand Strand. It is the time of year that is typically considered a hot period for the housing market. The spring market is expected to be a strong and very popular season for home sales. As the recession becomes a distant memory for us all, homeowners are gaining confidence, home values re up and buyers ability to pay is much stronger. If you are considering selling your home, we are moving into a Sellers Market here at the beach so it would be a good time to sell. Preparing your home to take advantage of the warm weather and even hotter second home market.
Spring is the one of the best times of the year to sell your home with the flowers in bloom and the buyers out looking. We are gearing up for a Real Estate Rush. This springtime uptick is likely to put buyers into a frenzy. If you are planning on selling your home or condo this Spring, then take a look at these tips for getting your home ready and attracting the buyers. From spring cleaning to yard cleanup, there is nothing like curb appeal and a sparkling home to make that first impression. The busy season is just around the corner and buyers will be on the hunt. The first step to prepare your home for sale is to update its appearance so the buyers can envision themselves living there. First impressions are everything.
- Thoroughly clean your home from top to bottom including deodorizing carpet and cleaning the window treatments. Fix anything that needs repairing.
- Clean up entrance, add wreath on door and new doormat. Add lots of bright seasonal flowers around the front door. Curb appeal is a huge draw for buyers.
- Remove all personal items such a family photos, collectibles and personal decorations. Remove any unnecessary furniture if too crowded. De-clutter.
- Fresh paint with warm neutral tones to the walls, add color with accept pillows and nice plants with bright vases to brighten up your home.
- Set dining room table with nice dishes and fresh flower centerpiece.
- New bath towels, scented candles and pretty guest soaps will freshen up your bath. And remove all personal toiletry items.
- Organize all drawers and cabinets and remove as much extra items as you can. You don’t want your storage areas to look minimal.
- Keep it bright. Open all curtains and blinds and turn on all lights for the showings.